Okay, so when I began this blog, I didn’t really plan on doing book reviews. But! Over time, I started considering incorporating them. (Because writers need to read good literature 😉 It helps us to become better writers!) So today I’m happy to present my first book review on this blog: Even in the Grey, by Laura G. Guenot.
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*
- I enjoyed the diversity of characters in this story! The main character is Daniel, and there’s a French woman, Claire, as well as Germans.
- I enjoyed how Claire uses French words in the story. They really seemed to help her character.
- Daniel definitely has a pronounced character type. He stands out with his stubbornness.
- I felt at some points like they changed what kind of character they were for a line or two. But overall, they kept to their type, and I enjoyed reading about them!
- The character lie was done really well, and so was the character arc! (A topic I may or may not be
schemingplanning to do a post on someday 😜)
- It was a good plot line! It was mostly based on the theme of the story, and driven by that.
- While reading, some parts didn’t seem so realistic. But once I stopped to think it through, I realized that it actually had good reasoning.
(because big words obviously make me sound smart):
- Several parts were funny, which I found nice since it’s a short story.
- I got goosebumps twice, which is a definite indicator of good writing!
- I just felt a bit like the relationship between Daniel and Claire built up really quickly, but that’s about the only thing I found wrong with the book. 😊
4/5 stars! 😃
I actually usually stick to the fantasy genre of reading, but I enjoyed this story. If you want a quick read with a powerful message and characters you can get attached to after a short period of time, this is a good book to go to! Well written, Laura! 😃
Are you interested in Even in the Grey?
I checked out the poll from last week and found that you guys still do not want worksheets that you have to pay for. (I don’t blame you 😆) But! Everyone who did it seemed interested in paying for the 10 places you can get covers from! 😄
I wrote it. 😂
I want to leave it for a bit so that I’ll be able to go over it and edit it carefully, but I also feel like I should have another product or two before I set up shop. (Maybe an Etsy shop? :3 ) Please, give me suggestions below! 😃