It is officially summer break for me! *throws confetti* I made it through the piano recital alive (our piano teacher makes us do a recital every Christmas and June) and am ready to settle in for a relaxing summer. Seeing as I have no plans for going anywhere this year, I am going to make things for me to do (so I don’t waste my whole break!)
- I want to hit 40 followers this summer. We’re at 33! If you know anyone you think would like this blog, then please, share a link with them! 😃
- Launch the guide with 12 (yep, not 10 anymore! 😉) places you can buy covers! I’m thinking $5 for it; that’s less than $0.50 for each place, which you quite possibly would’ve spent hours looking for on your own!
- I want to host my first webinar! Now, this is still in the works; I have to figure out how to do so, when, and make a slideshow, but I would like to do it to kick off the launch!
- Camp NaNoWriMo is this coming month. I’m considering writing The Storm Inside during it; I haven’t been working on it for a couple of weeks, and instead, have been focusing on plotting The Triad of Caosdif.
- I want to finish plotting The Triad of Caosdif! This means:
- Finishing character arcs
- Reading through Structuring Your Novel by K.M. Weiland (which I got in the mail last week! 😄)
- Plotting according to said book
- Reading through even more blog posts on writing!
- Figuring it out scene by scene so that I will literally have it all down
- Which will all take a while, as you’ve probably noticed by this point
- I want to post this summer not just about writing, but also about other places for writers to go. I promise this is not to drive you away from my blog! This is just so when you’re done my blog posts, you can also have other places to go and get more valuable information.
- I have been drawing pictures of my characters. (My own fan art heh heh 😉) I want to use them to start a new series, where one week every month I do a character spotlight. That would include a picture of the character, a bit on their appearance (I do the pictures in pencil) and their name. I may also share snippets specific to their character! 😉 Once I run out of characters, then I could feature other writer’s characters as well. Tell me what you think of this idea in the comments below!
- I am also considering starting another series on music. My sisters have suggested this to me multiple times before, and I think it’s high time I do so. This would be, again, a once a month post. I use iTunes for my music, and so will be going through them one album at a time. That way, you won’t have all my music thrown in your face at once, and you’ll consistently get new music to listen to! (All music recommended is actual music I listen to) Tell me what you think of this idea as well in the comments below!
If you liked seeing all these goals, then you may want to check out my Goals page! If you hover over the WIPs button in the menu, a drop-down for it will appear. (Or you could just click HERE and open it in another tab 😜)
The Triad of Caosdif
As mentioned above, I haven’t actually been working on The Storm Inside. (those snippets you’ve been seeing are actually slightly old… 😂) So instead, this week, I thought I’d share a comment that I wrote!
I have mentioned my plotting of The Triad of Caosdif in a comment of a blog, and the blogger asked what the book was about. What I came up with actually sounded really awesome, so I thought I’d share it here as well! 😜
I’m still trying to get the details down, but there are going to be fantasy creatures, dragons, magic, and royalty; a rebellion, broken laws, and sibling bonds that literally bond each other together to the death.
And then later the same day, I was trying to write a short – and awesome – description of it, and came up with this!
A patch of poison. A dragon’s wisdom. Stars above. Royalty, uprising, rebellion, magic, and battles inside and outside of people.
Esther just wants to be a simple tea brewer, like her mother before her and her mother before her.
Lilith wants to forever be friends with her brother, Derek, and annoy her other triplet Karter as much as she can.
But when two different girls from two different worlds upend both plans, each girl finds herself with a suddenly larger responsibility. When lives are at stake, and a best friend acting strange, Esther needs to find her true courage, and Lilith must be willing to rise above – despite the chance of hurting her beloved brother.
Sounds pretty cool, right? I actually wrote up a description about it a while ago that’s on my WIPs page in the menu. You can see that other one as well by scrolling up to the menu and clicking on it (or you can just click HERE and open it in another tab again!)
What are your summer goals?
Are you interested in these series ideas?
What did you think of those blurbs for The Triad of Caosdif?